Dalton Ticker

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Half a Year Old Already!

Monday we had Dalton's 6 Month Checkup....
All went great. I will start with the stats and move on from there.

Height: 26 1/2 inches
Weight: 16 lb 7oz

What I can do now:
Sit up for a few min by myself
roll over all the way (and I do it all the time)
scoot a little (crawling is only a matter of time)

At the Dr's appointment they said Dalton is in great health and his height and weight are perfect. They have moved him from solid foods (well baby puree solids) once a day to 3 times a day...so basically they have taken away all the times I would nurse him...that means I am offically DONE nursing as of this coming weekend. Also, they moved him up to STAGE 2 foods...so he had Mac and Cheese yesterday...he really liked that. They also said he is to be sleeping through the night and I shouldnt bring him into our bed and nurse him at all now. SO that is something we have to work on...she said to let him cry for 5 min, go in and soothe him without picking him up, wait another 5 min and then gradually work it up to 15 min before I go in...I dont think Dalton will have a problem with this...he will sleep just fine and usually wakes up once or twice in the night but mainly because he looses his pacifier so I guess I will just have to let him learn that he can use his thumb instead...haha!

Other than that he is so ACTIVE now and it is so much fun. I have a video from last night that I am going to post sometime when I get home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so exciting. He is just growing up so fast. I cant wait to see him again. love ya

Tiff said...

He really is growing up TOO fast! Gosh, stage 2 foods already! That is huge! DON'T introduce him to that thumb though... you'll be sorry!!!!! You need to post MORE picture of that baby!!! HAHA!

Luana said...

I can't believe how fast he's growing!!!!!!! Although, I'm very scared of the first few months, and very much looking forward to where you are right now! Can't wait to see him again! :)