Ok so I have been thinking lately how much has changed in the past almost 9 months. It is amazing how one thing in your life can change everything. Dalton is almost 9 months old and everyday I am reminded of the wonder and excitement life should bring to us all. I look at him sometimes and I see how he is trying to figure out something, what it is, how it works, etc. and I I try to think back and remember what is the last time I really was excited to learn about something new...I guess the answer to that would be the day I became a Mom. It is an ever changing, mostly (haha) exciting challenge every day. I have to learn with him...understand that I have to teach him not just do it for him. It is easier to pick up the toy for him and hand it to him but you cant..you have to let them have thier freedom to explore...and while for me the mess is not so much of a challenge but more I am so excited to see him do it that I just get ansty.
These are a few things I have learned in these 9 months:
It's ok to let them cry for a few minutes because it makes him stronger, if he needs something he will let me know, a bump on the head, a fall on the floor are all part of learning, You never have enough formula, diapers, wipes or onsies when you think you do! Learning takes time...even when you think for sure that it will happen in a day or 2 it takes 2 weeks, his smile and make your heart melt, his hug can make the world stop and his kisses while wet and sloppy are the best thing in the world. To hear him talk is music to my ears and to see him crawl almost brings you to tears. There is no way to explain what being a mother is to someone unless they are one themself. It is an undying love, an excuse to act like a fool and a reason to stop and take a few minutes out of your day to play without worrying about what needs to be done. I love being a mother and I am excited everyday to realize what is next in the world of Dalton.
Just thought I would share.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great thoughts Cheryl. I know you are an amazing mother too :) Love the pictures of him, especially the one with his little green blanky! And the tile looks great too. :) Love yall
Ok Seriously that sent chills down my legs and made my throat tight! Ahh.. it's so true.. you really don't know the depth of love until you have a baby... It's the most amazing feeling in the world.
GREAT GREAT GREAT POST!!!!
ps. the top picture in thursdays blog looks JUST LIKE YOU to me! I love it!
Just wait until that first step. Talk about bringing tears to your eyes! You're doing a great job as a mom!
You sure know how to make a Mom Mom cry. I have always know that you are an amazing mother because he's such a happy and well ajusted baby but to hear you put it in words made me cry and I'm at work and not supposed to be doing this so it was quite a feat to hide the tears. Can't wait to see you guys don't forget to plan a romantic dinner for you guys.
Love
Mom Mom Jeanne
My favorite post of yours by far! I'm looking forward to experiencing all of it. I'm afraid of messing up, but I guess if you're not nervous about going on stage, then you're going to blow it. love you!
Post a Comment